Sunday, May 23, 2010

25 week bump


How far along? 25 weeks
Total weight gain/loss: 21 pounds... actually having trouble gaining (!!!)
Maternity clothes? need more shirts... running out of options. And my scrub top is definately getting tighter
Stretch marks? nope
Sleep: Mark installed the bedroom A/C last night - I slept FANTASTICALLY well! (I'm up every 1-3 hours to pee... but no problems falling back asleep) Something I haven't noted is how bad my snoring must be (per mark)... I have to wear breathe-right strips to bed every night (with relief though)
Movement: last night mark and I got to watch them do the "wave" across my belly. I was also able to feel limb movement by carefully pressing on my upper mid-belly... I know this sounds dumb, but its becoming more and more real - THERE'S an actual BABY (x2) in there!!!! Movement seems to be located most near the left and upper/mid belly. they rarely spend time in my right lower belly... I believe they (still) both share my upper left belly (where my stomach is)... I'm getting full quicker, feeling nauseated if I eat too much, and having problems with severe reflux of stomach contents. (hmmmm... WONDER WHY?!)
Food cravings: garlic... mmmmm(garlic flavored bread, garlic butter, garlic noodles...)
Foods aversions: adding chipotle burritos to the previous list... caused severe... very uncomfortable reflux and heartburn for about 8 hours after eating it
Gender: 2 princesses
Labor Signs: nothing new
Preggo PITA symptom: heartburn, reflux, and exhaustion (same... learning to deal)
Mood: improved from last week. I cried in the OB's office on Wednesday because she said I only grew 1 cm in the last 4 weeks (I measured when I got home - completely wrong. my fundus is very deep and hard to measure) I got upset with Mark on Friday about something and then felt so guilty about it I spend an hour crying... finally just decided to go to bed at 8 because I knew my mood wasn't going to improve without sleep. It worked. The effectiveness of sleep on my mood has been INCREDIBLE - what the heck am i gonna do when they get here?!
Arthritis severity: Last night my knees were circling an 8 or 9... getting up off the couch/toilet was painful enough that I tried to avoid it when possible. Back to a 3 today. Hands have been pretty good - thank GOD!
What I miss: Today - nothing. Although a lot of my blogging has been complaining about my symptoms and such, I LOVE being pregnant. I LOVE knowing that I have two precious beautiful little girls coming to join us. I LOVE having them so close to me and with me all the time. I couldn't be anymore overjoyed with the blessings God has given us
Fundal height: doc estimates 27 (rolls eyes at OB... if it was that short than baby B isn't even in my uterus... she's in my intestines... there's no way she can kick that high!) According to my measurements, I'm around 33 - again the top of my uterus is deep and hard to measure unless I'm having a contraction
BP this week: 122/80
Milestones: another week bigger and stronger. My babies better be sharing in there! (I talk to God about this frequently in my prayers... "please let my babies share their nutrients and grow equally"

Other:
Did my glucose tolerance test this week... results pending! (cross your fingers!)

Finishing my 2nd trimester 24-hour urine today.

Shower invites are out. Much of the registry is put together and people are buying stuff!!! (trying hard not to lurk too much). I also wanna note how much FUN we've had picking out EVERYTHING for these babies.

Cribs are here! I cried yesterday when we picked them up. This is seriously getting to be sooo real!

Mark is currently working on removing the Gawd-awful wallpaper border from their room and hopefully we'll start priming today (and by "we"... probably just him... unless he lets me help). My current jobs are laundry and working on the transformation of my prior "exercise room" into the new office.

No comments:

Post a Comment